The following is a complete list of the information stored by this website:
- Web server log files. There are two webserver log files. One contains information
about errors, both internal errors and errors generated by users, for example, trying to
access a non-existent page. The second logs every request made to the server. The information
is the time of the request, the IP address from which the request was made, the page
requested, and whether the request was successfull or not. These log files contain no
identifying information beyond the IP address.
- Each user that registers for a course has an entry in a database. The information recorded
in this database is:
- A serial number used to uniquely identify each user.
- The email address of the user.
- The user's password, stored in a one-way hash format (cannot be decrypted).
- Your name as you provide it to be printed on a completion certificate.
- Your county, if you provide it.
- The current section of the course the user is working on.
- An indication of whether the user has completed all sections of the course or not.
- The date of the last successful login.
The website only uses a single cookie when you login to the course. This cookie is needed to
keep track of who you are and where you are in the course material. The cookie created is
a non-persistent type -- it will automatically be destroyed when you close your browser.
No information is shared with anyone.
No information will be shared except as required by law.